The production that delighted audiences and critics alike returns to the National Theatre of Greece shortly before a world tour visiting Belgrade, Dresden, Amsterdam, and Adelaide (Australia).
Goodbye, Lindita focuses on a primal human experience, that of losing a loved one. In a house, a family mourns in silence, until a series of strange events opens a window onto a world in which memory is intertwined with fantasy, reality with dreams; a universe in which the dead and the living can briefly meet before their final farewell. The story that unfolds on stage is made up of familiar ingredients, but here, the everyday and the recognisable take on metaphysical overtones that reveal the characters’ psychological progress.
Mario Banushi, a multitalented young artist who brings a personal, handcrafted visual world to the theatre, has been inspired by his own experiences and the burial customs and traditions of the Balkans to create a parable about life after death through a sequence of poetic images. Without ever hearing the characters speak, we become witness to an inner journey that attempts to answer the eternal question of how to say farewell to those we love most. In Goodbye, Lindita this moment of parting is an end but at the same time a new beginning.
Wednesday, Thursday |16€
Saturday, Sunday | 20€
- Students | 10€
- Over 65| Wednesday 10€ & Thursday - Sunday | 13€
- Disabled | 5€ - Companion of Disabled | 5€
- Unemployment Card | 5€ ( only at the box office)
- Large Families | 0€
- Drama School Students, SEH, Theater Studies free tickets are valid outside weekends, and are purchased only at the theatre box office
- Weekend prices apply on official holidays
TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE
At NTG box offices (Ziller Building & Rex Theatre)
Debit or Credit cards may be used at NTG box offices and
at TIcketservices, online purchase of tickets: www.ticketservices.gr/ Tel: 210 7234567/ Ticketoffice: Panepistimiou 39 (Pesmazoglou Arcade)
Second Year - ZILLER BUILDING - STAGE "NIKOS KOURKOULOS"
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday | 21:00
Saturday | 18:30 & 21:00
Sunday | 18:30
* From 22 November to 3 December 2023, Mario Banushi will be replaced by Vasilis Vilaras.
* From 1 February 2024, Vassiana Skopetea will be replaced by Eftychia Stefanou.
The production is not recommended for under-16s.